Wednesday, April 16, 2014

4/14/2014

This week has been another crazy week in Naga City. 

We actually had the opportunity to attend a funeral for a less active member this week. It was a nice service, and it definitely made me think a lot. I thought about how important it is to have an eternal perspective. There really aren't any endings for us in this world, just short interruptions. It helps me to make it through the everyday trials that I face here. 

I have an exciting story that goes along with the funeral too. I sort of jumped out of a moving jeepney and landed flat on my bum... Of course, I had to be the one to stop the jeep... When I told the driver to stop, he pulled over like he was stopping and kinda slowed down, so my companion jumped off, and was fine, but as soon as I started jumping off, I found out that the driver wasn't stopping. The jeep started accelerating as I jumped off. I hit the ground feet first and  then knocked onto my bum. Ouch. Hopefully that doesn't happen again anytime soon. 

We have 3 investigators with baptismal dates now. One is the 9-10 year old son of a recent convert. He is doing really well, but they still miss church sometimes, so his date keeps having to be moved back. The other two are husband and wife. They have a 3-4 year old daughter too, but she isn't old enough to get baptized, of course. When we invited them to get baptized, the sister actually started crying. It was really wonderful and the spirit was strong. 

I really liked conference a lot. I didn't bring my notebook with me, and I am kind of having a stupor of thought about it right now, so I will try to bring it next week and talk about my thoughts about conference next week. I really liked the priesthood session though, as well as both of the Saturday sessions. I was super tired after conference and work was over yesterday.

I love you guys tons and hope you have a really good week! 



No comments:

Post a Comment