Tuesday, May 13, 2014

5/12/14 The Other Side Of Isarog

Dearest Merrill family,

That's right. I'm here now. In Goa. My new area is just right around on the other side of Mt. Isarog. It is actually really pretty here. There are a lot of mountains here, it makes it really pretty. It was really nice to be able to talk to everyone on skype too. I wish we could do that like maybe two more times a year. That'd be great, right? I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well. 

My companion here in Goa is Elder Taylor from Ogden, Utah. He is super nice and willing to follow the rules and work hard. We plan on doing a lot of finding over the next few weeks. That should be pretty fun, right? 

I think I already told you about one of our investigators, but I will put him in my letter anyway. He is an investigator that we just found this week. He is a really nice man who seems pretty interested in the church. He really appreciates the work that we do as missionaries. The funny thing about him is what happened when we invited him to go to church. He told us that they just have church out in front of their house. I think it is going to take some work to get him to understand the need for the proper authority in order to have church and the sacrament and all of those things. I think he will be receptive when the time comes though. 

I think I am actually going to have to head out now. 

I love you tons, and I hope you guys have a great week. 

Elder Benjamin Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment