Sunday, February 15, 2015

Half Day Mission and More Feb 9, 2015

This week was a lot better. I feel like we were able to teach a lot more people and not just talk to them which was really nice. I feel like I don't really have anything too exciting to write home about, so I will just write about our day yesterday. Yesterday, we were invited to go to church in Daet and afterwards had what they call a "half-day mission" Basically the missionaries split up into different groups with members and we visit all of the less active members. My group had the C family and Bishop and his wife as well as the Ward Mission Leader and a few others. We got to go to Taba Taba, the beach area, which was really awesome. The members out there are super receptive, but just live so far from the church that it is really hard for them to to go to church. We also visited another member that moved to Basud from a nearby town/ municipality called Talisay. He used to be Bishop there before, but now has a position in the local Catholic church by his house. Some of the members who were with us knew him and it was really good. We then went to the house of the woman who used to be the relief society president in basud back in the day only to find out that she was gone because her carabao gave birth while they were out running some errands. It was really awesome to have so much member support this week. We also have some of the young men from daet who are preparing for missions planning on working with us this week which should be nice. That night, we also found a new family which is really great. They really want to pray and find out for themselves if our message is true. I thought it was really refreshing to have people who didn't just think our message is the same as everybody else's. 

I don't really have much more to say about this week. Things are really improving. I hope you guys have an awesome week! I hope everything goes ok with mom's new gluten-free developments. The mission secretary says just to let me know when you have things worked out. You could ask me if you have questions about it too. 

Love you tons!
Elder Benjamin Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment