Wednesday, March 11, 2015

I Can't Believe We Are Already a Week Into March March 8, 2015

In other news, we had a meeting with our stake  president and bishop this week. By the end of the meeting, the stake president decided to put in the papers for Basud to become a group. I think it is exactly what this place needs.  It was a great meeting and I feel pretty impressed with President Abao. He was really inspired to come to the chapel at the same time that we were there. He was originally planning on just talking to Bishop about Basud (our area), but when he saw that we were there, he invited us to join. I am really excited for the group thing to go through because, if it does, we will finally be able to rent our own meeting house and hopefully it will be close to centro. I think it will make the work skyrocket when we have our own meeting house. 

Other than that, I think the work is going pretty well. We have a few new families and a couple of older ones that we are teaching. We have one really neat family that we are working with that are 7th day adventists. They are really trying to find out for themselves if the Church is true. It is just kind of tricky for them to make it to church because they aren't really that active in their own church. Needless to say, we had a much lower turn out among investigators at sacrament meeting than what we expected. 

I still feel pretty good about the work because I feel like it is really headed in the right direction. I am excited to see what the future holds for Basud. 

Love you tons!
Hope you have a wonderful and gluten-free week. 
:)
Elder Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment