Friday, February 7, 2014

1/27/2014

Everything  has been pretty normal this week. We made some really good chicken adobo. We also went to the beach as a district too. The beach was really pretty here, there were millions of seashells there. I think the girls would have really liked that, plus, we were like the only people there, so that was cool. We spend most of our time playing a really fun card game called pasuwedos (I really don't know how to spell that one), but it is really fun. We also played a game that was basically Old Maid. Here they call it Unggoy-Unggoy (Which means Monkey-Monkey), because instead of the loser being called an old maid, they are called a monkey.

I also finished my reading of the Book of Mormon this week. It was really neat to read the whole thing though in such a short time. I think it is wonderful that we get so much time to study the scriptures here in the mission field. It really strengthened my testimony, and I made so many connections that I hadn't made before.  I plan to read through the whole Bible next and then the Doctrine and Covenants.
I hope you are ready for me to come back a chef. (I already know how to cook rice.)



Love you all!
Elder Benjamin Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment