Wednesday, February 26, 2014

2/17/2014

I'm sorry to say that I haven't gotten the package yet... I will definitely be able to get it when we have our next zone training the first week of March, or if we have a reason to go to the office before then. The mail is just pretty slow getting here... I am super excited to get the mail though. I will have to let you guys know if there is anything else that I would like in the next package. Thank you so much for sending me stuff. I really, really appreciate it.

I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing pretty well there. It's too bad how hot it is there already, though it is getting pretty hot here too. You just have to pray for appointments in the early afternoon or do language study then.

Valentines day is actually bigger than you might think here. We were in Naga to withdraw that night, and we actually saw a lot of couples with flowers and stuffed animals etc etc.

I have started the Old Testament, but I have been somewhat more focused on studying specifically for our investigators lately, so I haven't made too much progress there. I will let you know about anything interesting I come across for sure though.

The main referral we got last week has invited us back, and she seems like she is really going to progress. She hadn't yet prayed about Joseph Smith when we last visited her, but she says that she really likes what she has heard/ read about our church (from our pamphlets etc). She actually prayed for us while we were there last time too, so I think that will make her more likely to read and pray on her own. I really felt the Spirit when she prayed though, and I think she even cried a little bit as she was praying. I know she felt it too. I am so excited to see how she progresses. She also told us that she is going to need a dictionary to be able to read through the Book of Mormon. Just goes to show how deep the Tagalog is that they use in it. I will keep you updated on her story.

I am super excited for the new temple!  I can't believe how many people were there. That is so neat.
I think we are still stuck halfway through lesson 1 in the manual... Elders Quorum here just goes slower, I guess. That sounds like a neat lesson though. I will look forward to it. I really love the role of families in Heavenly Father's plan. The family has been around as long as we have, all the way back to Adam and Eve. I just love their story. It always makes me happy to think of the decisions they made so that we could come to Earth. They must have been really good people. Then, to think about how long our family relationships will last is also amazing. I forget where the verse is exactly, but it is in the D&C, and it says something to the effect that the same relationships that we have with others here on Earth will be the ones we have with them in heaven.

I hope you guys all have a really good week this week. I might try to get a letter off in the mail for you guys in the next few weeks if that's ok. 
                                                                                     A beach in Calbanga

No comments:

Post a Comment