Monday, December 15, 2014

Rainy Sunday December 14, 2014


This week really wasn't too exciting, but our Sunday was pretty busy, so I think I will describe what we did yesterday. Yesterday was really rainy. We got up in the morining, ate oatmeal mixed with a pack of busog lusog chocolate milk drink. and then studied. Studies are always more fun on Sundays because our next door neighbor is the Jesus is Lord Church. They like to play loud music. It kind of reminds me of 'The North Avenue Irregulars', that movie that we borrowed from the Strongs once. We then went on a 10 minute jeep ride to a place called Tacad, where our investigators with a baptismal date live. They are both around 45 years old and are super nice. Tatay was feeling kind of sick, so they said they weren't going to be able to make it to church. We taught them about the Book of Mormon and they committed to read a passage from it and pray about it. We are really excited for them. Their baptismal date is set for January 17th. The only problem is that our current meeting place is pretty far away from Tacad... You have to take two jeeps to get there because of where it is. 

Next, we took a multicab into Daet for our coordination meeting. (maybe like a 15-20 minute ride) There, we discussed the upcoming ward Christmas party and not much else, but we had some delicious roasted chicken for lunch and corned beef. Corned beef is pretty popular here if you can believe it. It is pretty good. We then went straight to church in Basud. Let's just say that the rain this Sunday didn't help attendance. There were about 13 people at church from Basud. It was pretty tough to see such a big drop in attendance, but I really admire the faith of those that did attend. 

After Church, we headed over to another investigator's house. He is between 30 and 40 years old and calls himself a freelancer when it comes to religions. He is really open to new things, but not super interested in keeping lots of commitments (at least for now). We had plans to pick him and his wife up to go to the Christmas Devotional. He told us that his wife didn't want to go anymore but that he would go, but that he was waiting for someone. He insisted that we go first, so we did. We ended up making it into the chapel in Daet around 6:10. The devotional was supposed to start at 6pm, but when we got there, we found out that it was already halfway over. They started it early... Super weird. Our investigator didn't show up either. 

It was a super busy day and a super weird one. Hopefully it won't rain next Sunday. There is good news this week about the new meeting place. Bishop just gave us a letter this week to take to the barangay officials so that they can officially approve our use of their barangay hall. We were able to deliver it to them, and they plan on making a decision this coming Saturday. In the meantime, Bishop asked us to get in contact with the vice-mayor of Basud, who is apparently a member, and ask him to put in a good word for us with the barangay officials whose hall we want to use. I think we could be able to use the new meeting place by the end of the week. Hopefully everything goes through by then. 

Alam ko na ito yung work ng Panginoon natin at mahal nya tayo. Nagpapasalamat ako sa season ng pasko na cinicelebrate natin ngyun, sa pagkakataon na ito na alalahanin natin si Jesucristo. 

Love you guys tons :)

Elder Benjamin Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment