Monday, December 8, 2014

Weekly Report November 30, 2014

Hey, Family!

This week we found out that Elder Bolambao and I will be staying together for another transfer. I am excited to be with him again. We had a pretty crazy week this week with a baptism and a mini-mtc youth activity on Saturday. I am looking forward to being able to work this coming saturday in Basud. 

This Saturday, we had a mini-mtc activity at the Daet stake center where all the youth in the stake got to be missionaries for the day. It was a really crazy day because we spent our whole day in Daet. We went straight to the stake center in the morning and taught a workshop about testimony four times. I'm not sure if I ever want to be a teacher, because, to be honest, I got kind of tired teaching the same thing over and over again. The youth were all really nice though, so that made it more enjoyable. We then had lunch and split up into groups. The groups were all assigned a less active family to visit. The family we were assigned to visit told us. I think the youth got a taste of the dark side of missionary work there and when we tried to talk to another group of guys that actually looked really nice. They told us that our timing was really bad and that they are always really busy. We did end up finding, however a nice less active girl and her friends and we shared a short message from the Book of Mormon to them. It ended up turning out really well, and I think it helped the youth get more excited about serving missions.

That night we had Clark's baptism. It was really neat and everything went along fine. 

We have 2 new baptismal dates this week though. I think it is the most exciting part of the week. It's a whole family and they are really interested in our message and are willing to try it out for themselves. Their date is on January 17, I think. They were a referal from Paracale. They used to live up there before and were taught by the missionaries there a few times, but never went to church. They are super nice, and the best part is that even Tatay is interested and he said he is going to try to go to church. The only problem is that they live kinda far away from the centro of Basud in a place called Tacad. 

I think that is the most exciting news for this week. I think we will be changing meeting places this week or next week though, so that is exciting too. I think attendance will skyrocket. 

I know that this is God's work and that we can't do it without his help, and that through his son, Jesus Christ, we can return to live with him. I just want to help others to learn these same things for themselves.

Love you tons!

Elder Benjamin Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment