Sunday, April 5, 2015

Transferred!! April 6, 2015



Can you believe it? My time in Basud has come to an end... It's been 24 weeks which makes for just less than 6 months if I am correct. We have a lot of great things coming up in Basud, so it will be hard to leave. We are continuing to see a lot of progression from our 7th day adventist family. It is really amazing to see the atonement work in someone's life like that. I am kind of sad that I won't be here for the baptism, but I know that they will be in good hands. Sister wasn't able to go to church this week because of a family reunion, but she should be able to go over the next few weeks. Bishop also filled out this travel info sheet thing that the area presidency requested. Hopefully we will be able to get a group going here soon. It is really hard to not know where my next area will be...


I really don't know what else to say. I am really super nervous to find out where my last area will be. I think this email might have to be a short one. Work was really weird this week because we had curfews everyday from wednesday to saturday because of holy week. Filipinos make easter a week-long celebration, which is pretty cool. (Probably just the catholic tradition) There were tons of little crosses set up all over basud and little scenes from the Savior's life. That is definitely something that I really apprieciate about the people here. Even if many of them really aren't sure what they believe in as Catholics or whatever they are, they all believe in Christ.


If you haven't seen it already, I highly recommend the Church's easter video, Because He Lives. We have been showing it to our members and investigators here and it has been a really effective way to share the gospel.


Here's some links:


http://www.mormon.org/easter if you want it in English.


or


http://www.mormon.org/tgl/paskongpagkabuhay if you are feeling adventurous.



I know that our Savior lives and loves us and that He will help us to overcome our weaknesses if we are humble and do our best.


Love you tons!


Elder Merrill

No comments:

Post a Comment