Monday, March 31, 2014

3/31/2014

It's been another crazy week. :)

I guess I will start on the final news from the Calabanga ward. This one is about Tatay. I am told that his wife said that he can "absolutely not" get baptized. I actually didn't get to be there for this conversation though. I am really sad to hear that. That is a really hard situation. I can't believe that that she won't let him get baptized... I guess our hope is that he will be able to fully accept the gospel in the next life. 

I am in Naga 3rd ward now, in the city. It is really different to be working in the city, but it is nice too. I am excited to see how everything ends up working out for us here in Naga. I have a feeling that we are really going to be able to turn this area around. 

I really loved the package. Especially the Nutrigrain. I forgot that those things existed. I love them. a lot. If it's alright, I'd like to request one of those big Sam's Club/Costco style boxes of them in my next package. I really appreciate the package and the notes from you guys. You can expect responses in 6-8 weeks, depending on how the mail goes.

Maybe I will tell you about some of our new investigators here. We met a lady when we were walking around talking to people and trying to familiarize ourselves with our new area. She was selling green mangoes, fried peanuts and yema. We decided to by some of her wares. The yema was delicious. She has about four sons who are all really nice. We haven't met her husband yet, but we hope he will be there when we are sometime. It is kind of hard to schedule lessons... We also have started teaching another sister who sells food on the street. She sells fried bananas and fried kamote. They are really, really good, and only 6 pesos a pop. She hasn't ever had the chance to get married, and she hasn't been super receptive to our message, but she is really nice to us, so we are hoping she might have a change of heart of sorts soon. 

I think I will tell about one more.  This man and his wife had been found by the previous elders, and are super nice. They are friends or family with a couple of older less active ladies who all come and listen when we teach. It is really amazing to teach them with all of their less active family members there with them. I always feel the spirit really strong when we teach them. It is really neat. 

I know that the church is true, and that Heavenly Father has a plan for us, and that His work and glory really is to bring about our immortality and eternal life. I am so thankful for the wonderful Earth He created for us to live on.

I love you guys tons,

Elder Benjamin Merrill


Ben's new district in Naga Third Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment