Monday, July 28, 2014

Transfers are Coming 7/27/2014

Family,

How is everyone there? We are doing pretty well here in Goa. We actually just had our transfer announcements this week and found out that Elder Taylor is transferring. I'm not sure who my new companion is going to be, so I am kind of nervous. We will find out on Tuesday who I am going to get. 

The work has been really good this week, and we had a really high sacrament attendance. We had almost 120 people, whereas we usually average around 80-85. We had tons of less active members come to church as well as two investigators, which was really great, because it will keep them on track for their baptismal dates on August 16th. For some reason, though it has been kind of tough to get investigators to come to church. We're really hoping they will continue to come. 

We also finally got power back on in most of Goa this Thursday. It has been really nice to be able to sleep with an electric fan again. We still can't work in some of our areas after dark, though, because they don't all have power yet, so that is kind of hard. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to get to some of our investigators because of this. We are really hoping that the power will come back soon though, because we really want to get to all of our far away teaching pool. 

In spite of the many areas we have that are still dark, the work is still moving on here in Goa, and people's lives are being changed every day by the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that I am about my Father's business here in the Philippines Naga Mission and there is no place I'd rather be. I know the church is true and I love you all tons

Elder Benjamin Merrill 

No comments:

Post a Comment